· Purpose of VAT
· What is VAT and how does it work. GCC VAT Framework
· The GCC VAT Framework
· Impact of VAT on the GCC Economies
· How GCC VAT is different from others
· Implementation of VAT time frame. Key terms of VAT and general definitions
VAT Registration / De-Registration
· Compulsory and voluntary registration
· Voluntary and compulsory de-registration
· Case Study on VAT registration and de-registration. Input and Output Tax
· Calculation of output VAT (Sales / gifts)
· Calculation of input VAT (Purchases / Expenses). Exercises and Case Studies on Input and Output VAT.
VAT Accounting – Advanced Users
· Pre-registration input VAT
· VAT on non-current assets
· VAT implication on operating/finance lease
· Discounts and returns
· Self-supply of goods and services
· VAT on receivables and payables
· Implication on bad and doubtful debts. Advance issues – Exercises and case study
VAT Planning and implementation considerations
· IT and systems
· Financial Modeling
· Contract pricing
· Supplier management
· Communications and training
· VAT planning and implementation – Case Study
Other / Advanced Issues
· VAT Groups
· VAT on import/exports
· VAT on intercompany transfers. Case Study on VAT Groups
This intensive course is designed for participants to benefit from a comprehensive overview of E-commerce and understand the different components that are required to start and run an E-commerce business. The course is also designed to enable participants to evaluate E-commerce capabilities and platforms and help future-proof their business in a competitive landscape. The course will also aid participants master strategies to optimize their customers’ digital experience and equip them with tools to maximize loyalty, and thus, profits.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different components that are required to start and run an E-commerce business
- Evaluate their existing E-commerce capabilities and platforms
- Measure and optimize their E-commerce business from both an operational and a customer perspective
- Understand the consumer “decision tree” when shopping online and ways to best optimize their sites to maximize sales and minimize kart abandonment
- Utilise tools and techniques to manage promotions and cross-selling to ensure maximum retention and loyalty
- Implement a strategic framework for gauging, as well as, delivering an optimal experience for their customers across channels
This Course introduces you to AWS products, services, and common solutions. It provides you with fundamentals to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements.
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to become familiar with creating and using VBA macros using Microsoft Excel 2013.This course includes access to our exclusive Microsoft Office Online Support Program, enabling you to build your skills and expertise after class.
This course will teach students how to work with large worksheets in Microsoft Excel 2013, and use multiple worksheets and workbooks efficiently. It will introduce them to more advanced formatting techniques, such as applying special number formats, using workbook styles and themes, adding backgrounds, and mimicking watermarks. In addition, students will learn how to create outlines and subtotals, and how to create and apply cell names. They will sort and filter data, and create and format tables. They will learn how to save workbooks as Web pages, how to insert and edit hyperlinks, and how to share workbooks via email. Students will learn how to audit worksheets for errors, how to protect worksheets, how to share and merge workbooks, and track changes in a workbook. Finally, students will customize the Excel environment, and create and modify custom templates
Team building is difficult. Balancing the needs of the team, task and individual represents an eternal challenge. The unseen behavioral dynamics of personality, self-belief and personal agenda often override what the leader hopes to achieve. Therefore, in many businesses highly effective teams are absent. Instead most organizations possess an abundance of groups. These are very different to teams.
Teams are however the essential building block for any successful organization. They provide the springboard for greater production, increased value and creative thinking. They create a protective buffer for periods of stress and tension and are essential for thriving in today’s business environment.
2. (2) Communicating and Influencing
Communicating and influencing are intrinsically linked. In today’s complex and volatile business environment employees need to able to communicate and influence across a wide range of stakeholders. This is not easy. Under considerable stress it is very easy to become positional and create a combative environment. This can have a lastly impact in terms of productivity and working relationships. This course is specifically designed to ensure that the delegate is provided with the key skills, to not only achieve core objectives, but also influence, maintain and grow relationships in today’s challenging workplace.
3. (3) Leading and Managing Change
As organization undergoes change, it raises a lot questions: how will affect our people? How will we manage our teams? How can we retain our best staff and how will we know it is working? The aim of this workshop is to answer these questions. In offering a range
1. By the end of the module, Building and Developing the Team, participants will be able to:
· Understand the difference between a group and a team
· Critically analyze their own work environments
· Apply a framework for team building
· Delegate tasks in a clear and concise manner
· Understand the difference between influence and control
2. By the end of the module, Communicating and Influencing, participants will be able to:
· Identify the behaviors required to build trusted and sustainable relationships
· Apply a systemic approach to influence and persuasion
· Understand personal communication styles
· Frame the conversations to create positive outcomes
3. By the end of the module, Leading and Managing Change, participants will be able to:
· Understand foundational aspects of change management and the critical role managers play in the change process
· Learn a practical framework for processing the many changes that impact them
· Understand how to facilitate individual change and identify reasons for employee resistance
· Create action plans to move employees past barrier points and to the desired future state
Building and developing the Team
· Team Chaos
· Where are we at?
· What is a team?
· Team Decision Making
· Team Development
· What makes you tick?
· Building Team Resilience
· Coaching the Team
· Communicating your intent
Communicating and Influencing
· Tell me a Story
· What makes a Strong Communicator?
· The Communication Arena
· Presenting with Influence
· Personal Style and Emotion
· Team Presentations
· Communicating with Difficult Stakeholders
· All Change
· Understanding Leadership Requirements
· Why you/ your team have been Unsuccessful at Change
· Understanding the Psychology of Change and Motivation
· Exploring the Change, its implication, its benefits
· A ‘tour’ of some general approaches to change: Micro v. Macro; Incremental v. Radical; Continuous v. Discrete; linear v. cyclical and Directive v. Participative
· Red Team Exercise
· Influence and Persuasion
· Become a change agent
Who Should Attend?
- Team Leaders
- Business Owners
· Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
· Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console
· Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances
· Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
· Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
· Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
· Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
· Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand
· Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
This course is intended for:
· System Administrators
· Software Developers, especially those in a Developer Operations (DevOps) role
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
· Attended the AWS Technical Essentials course
· Background in either software development or systems administration
· Some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (shell scripting in Linux environments, cmd or PowerShell in Windows)
· Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
· Instructor-led Training (ILT)
· Hands-on Labs
· System Operations on AWS Overview
· Networking in the Cloud
· Computing in the Cloud
· Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
· Monitoring in the Cloud
· Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
· Configuration Management in the Cloud
· Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
· Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
This realistic business simulation mirrors the commercial pressures of a struggling business. Individuals are grouped into teams that work in competition, acting as senior management through a variety of strategic and financial decisions, in competition with other teams in the room. These individuals are tasked with turning businesses around and creating value for shareholders.
Being efficient in today’s market is a necessity to operate sustainably. Two aspects that need to be considered is time management and, problem solving and decision making. This allows individuals to optimize their performance which in-turn increases productivity and contributes immensely towards the output of any business.
This module is specifically designed to introduce the concept of VAT to the enterprises operating in GCC region. The training will help entities in gaining an insight of upcoming challenges arising from the implementation of VAT, changes in their cash flows, profitability, sales and cost structures.
Aimed at experienced individuals, with a non-finance background, this interactive module will help one understand how financial information is constructed and how to determine the financial status of a company as well as prepare the necessary accounts for book keeping.
· Changing their thought process, for better input and management.
· Helping them lead their team to strive for success
· Improving overall business ethics
· Helping them understand decisions to make, collate and take.
· Aiding in managing the financial aspect of their businesses.
· Networking themselves among other business owners, entrepreneurs, directors, executives, managers and team leaders.
- TATWEERI Applies To: Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, Directors, Executives, Managers and Team Leaders.-->
This course is designed to provide attendees with a further understanding of managing
PowerPoint presentations. This course will benefit anyone wishing to enhance their basic
presentations for interactive shows, electronic and paper distribution as well as managepresentation branding.