BAPCO – Forsati Programme
The Bahrain Petroleum Company (BAPCO) and Thinksmart are offering a unique opportunity to young Bahraini graduates to be part of an engaging IT & Digital Training and Internship programme.
The BAPCO – Forsati Programme will provide selected candidates with the latest training and certifications in cloud computing or cybersecurity, followed by an intensive internship programme.
Furthermore, this programme will focus on delivering on-the-job learning experience and development to provide graduates with valuable insights, build their professional networks, and getting them prepared to start their careers and be distinguished within the job market.
The programme will last approximately eight months.
Selected applicants will go through a 2 month Technical Training which will end up with a professional certification exam. The following 6-month internship at BAPCO, will provide them the opportunity to work with IT and Business Professionals on real projects, and to gain practical work experience and exposure to BAPCO’s diverse work culture.
To be part of the selection process for the BAPCO-Forsati Programme, candidates must complete the online application form below.
For further details relating to the programme, please refer to the FAQ section below the application form.
*Applications are open until 30/09/21.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME FAQs
What is the main objective of the BAPCO-Forsati Programme?
The main aim of the internship programme is to invest in talented Bahraini graduates who are interested to pursue a career in IT and Digital and to provide them with exposure and experience in working in a professional environment. The program is not intended to offer permanent jobs, but it is created for young graduates to have personal growth and to acquire professional experience.
Why should you apply?
You will be provided with the opportunity to acquire a professional certification, explore possible career paths, gain work experience, broaden and build your professional networks. This will strengthen your CV and will make you better prepared for the job market.
Being part of The BAPCO – Forsati Programme, you will:
- Receive free professional training and the chance to obtain a valuable, industry-recognized professional certificate.
- Acquire technical and personal skills that are required to operate in the workplace
- Apply your knowledge/ skills in real life work situations, on real IT projects.
- Gain networking experience and build relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Meet professionals from diverse backgrounds and cultures. This will help you broaden your perspectives and develop an open and growth-oriented mindset.
- Be exposed to different business processes and systems.
- Gain experience working within a respected and dynamic organization, offering you a competitive edge on the job market.
Who Should Apply?
- The BAPCO – Forsati Programme is open to all Bahraini graduates from universities across the globe
- Applicants must be 20 years of age or older on the date of application and must have graduated in 2018 or later.
- Applicant must have a strong academic record – GPA (American system) equivalent to 3.0 and above and excellent command of English.
- Students are not eligible to apply for this programme.
How to apply?
To apply for the programme, candidates are expected to complete an online application form and upload the following:
- CPR copy
- University Transcript
- Submit a one-page Cover Letter on intent answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to join the BAPCO – Forsati Programme?
- What are your career goals?
- What do you expect to gain from this experience?
The following personal information form will also be required:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile number
- University name
What is the deadline for submitting the application?
The deadline will be 22/04/2021.
What happens after submitting the application?
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted by ThinkSmart.
Thinksmart will shortlist candidates based on the above-mentioned criteria including the letter of intent submitted and a preliminary interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be sent to BAPCO management along with their CV’s for them to shortlist candidates for the final interview.
Interviews will be set up verbally by a phone call, followed by a written email to confirm the date, time and location.
Interviews will be conducted face-to-face (as much as possible) or via MS Teams.
How many candidates will be accepted?
The programme will take maximum 10 candidates.
What happens if I am not selected?
Prior to the program starting date you will receive a regret letter via email informing you of the status of your application and that your CV will be kept in our database for future opportunities.
What happens if I am selected?
If your application is successful, you will be given an internship offer and asked to sign an internship contract with Thinksmart.
What is the timeline of the programme?
The following are the estimated milestones of the program:
|30th September, 2021|
Interviewing, selection and screening process
|10th October, 2021|