This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
- This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
- General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
- Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT
- Module 1: Cloud Concepts
- Module 2: Core Microsoft 365 Services
- Module 3: Security, Compliance, Privacy and Trust in Microsoft 365
- Module 4: Microsoft 365 pricing and support
Exam Code / Name
- In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming concepts (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
- M365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- M365 Certified Messaging Administrator Associate
- M365 Certified Teamwork Administrator Associate
- M365 Certified Security Administrator Associate
Curriculum is empty
- Duration : 16 hour
- Assessments : Self